The 410-page Europe Climate Change Mitigation & Adaptation Market & Technologies – 2022-2030 – With Corona & COP26 Impacts report contains a thorough analysis of 16 sectors, 60 technology, 5 revenue source and 26 national markets, detailing 177 markets. According to the report, the 2026 market size will reach 843 billion.
IPCC-2022 Climate Change Temperature Rise effects on Europe
Source: IPCC Report Feb. 28, 2022
“People see that it (investments in renewables, following the Ukraine invasion) is not only a climate-related issue, but an energy security related issue”
R. Habeck, German Vice Chancellor, Feb. 2022
The following factors drive the European market:
- Europe is the leader in the energy revolution. Nearly all the continent’s governments are committed to the COP26 agreement.
- The Russian – Ukraine war is a threat to Europe’s energy security.
- Coal has substantial shares in electricity production in Europe. Twelve European countries are committed to phase-out coal by 2030 and Germany by 2038.
- Western Europe’s reliance on fossil energy import and its current conflict with Russia drive its low-carbon policy, with a strong decarbonization target of 55% by 2030 vs. the prior 40% policy. Last year it was introduced into the European Climate Law.
- The UK embarked on an impressive goal to reduce GHG by 68% by 2030.
- The EU R&D funding “Horizon Europe” committed about $35 billion from 2022 to 2027 to climate change mitigation research and development projects, about a third of Horizon Europe’s grants.
Europe Electric Generation Primary* Sources Outlook – 2050
- Several European countries, led by Russia, France and the UK, will expand their nuclear energy infrastructure and invest in small nuclear reactors (SMR) programs.
- Onshore and offshore wind power generation dominates (about 50%) the 2050 electricity production, and solar PV follows (about 20%). The EU invests in electrolysis generated Hydrogen in the hope of dominating the energy sector by 2050.
- About 40% of the European motor vehicle fleet will convert to EVs by the mid-2030’s.
- Climate change is expected to boost the frequency of weather-related calamities across Europe in the coming years. Heavy rainstorms are expected to become more common and more intense, and flash floods are likely to become more frequent across the continent.
- Strong public support. 90% of Europeans believe their children will experience the effects of climate change.
- In 2021, the European Parliament approved a landmark law setting GHG targets for 2050 to achieve carbon neutrality and, after 2050 – negative emissions.
- Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EU and European governments launched sweeping changes to planning laws and investments to improve their energy security.
Europe 2030 Targets:
- Decrease GHG emissions by 55% from the 1990 level.
- Generate 32% of energy from renewables.
- Improve energy efficiency by 32.5%.
- Comprehensive Report. It’s a comprehensive strategic investigation of the European Warming Mitigation & Adaptation markets.
- Bottom-up Research. The report provides you with exhaustive bottom-up research of 297 climate change mitigation and adaptation-related markets.
- Extensive Research. The report analysts conducted interviews with dozens of experts. It reviewed over 660 reports, documents and papers published by other experts (including, for example, IEA, IRENA, the UN, Fraunhofer, the UK, German and other government agencies and more).
- Multi-Source Intelligence Verification. With a highly fragmented market, we addressed each dollar spent. The European warming mitigation market was analyzed and crosschecked via four orthogonal viewpoints: technologies and services, sectors, countries and revenue sources.
- COP26 Revision. To guarantee the accuracy of the data and market size forecasts, we revised the data by following and analyzing the Nov. 2021 Glasgow COP26 meetings deliberations of European national pledges.
- Money Trail. The report offers the only mega-study of ‘when?’, ‘where?’, ‘why?’ and ‘how much?’ of the cumulative 2022-2030 $9.6 Trillion go to market.
- Report Excel. Once you buy the report, you can get for a nominal price its Excel version.
- Customized for Decision-Makers. This report aims to provide today’s strategic decision-makers with an expert 360-degree, time-sensitive, detailed view of this interconnected market.
|Market Segmentation Vectors|
A. Questions answered in this report include:
- What will the 2022-2030 market size be?
- How do COP26 & Corona affect the market?
- Which submarkets provide attractive business opportunities?
- What drives customers to invest?
- What are the Warming Mitigation technologies & services trends?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
- How much are European countries expected to invest in warming mitigation?
B. The European Warming Mitigation & Adaptation market data is analyzed via 4 independent perspectives:
- By 60 Technologies and Services:
2. By 5 Revenue Source Markets:
- Product Sales
3. By 26 National Markets:
4. By 16 Sectors
- GHG Capture
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Storage
- Zero Emission Electric Utility Plants
- Green Fuel Production Plants
- Passive & Active Heating and Cooling
- Electric Vehicles Fleet
- Hydrogen Economy
- Green Materials
- Agriculture, Forests & Land
- Energy Efficient Buildings
- Extreme Weather Events Mitigation
- Electric Grid
- Other Sectors
C. Detailed market analysis frameworks are provided, including:
- Market drivers & inhibitors
- Business opportunities
- SWOT analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Business environment
- The 2020-2030 market
- Industry Value Chain
- Financing & Loans
- Governmental R&D Funding
D. Companies mentioned in the report: