The 326-page Energy Storage Market & Technologies – 2022-2030 – With Corona & COP26 Impacts report is based on bottom-up research of 311 Submarkets of the Energy Storage industry. The report thoroughly analyzes 5 technologies, 5 regional, 5 revenue sources and 60 national Energy Storage related markets. It is an open secret that Energy Storage is a Game Changer in the Electric Industry.
To address peak demand, Solar, Wind, and several other electric energy sources require large scale investments in energy storage facilities
Energy Storage Technologies
According to the report:
- The 2026 market would reach $125 billion
- Grid-Scale Battery Storage will dominate the 2024-2030 storage systems market
- Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, governments consider sweeping changes to planning laws and investments to improve their energy security
- Despite the raw material price rising, battery costs continued to drop. Globally, capacity additions continue to surpass projections with no slowdown in sight. While most of the expansion has been in utility-scale storage projects, residential, microgrids and commercial storage projects continue to grow steadily.
- The energy storage Industry will achieve by 2030 the following Levelized Cost of Storage (LCOS) targets:
- A $0.05/KWh LCOS for long-duration stationary applications, a 90% reduction from 2020 baseline costs. Realizing this LCOS would enable commercial feasibility for energy storage, including load supply during peak demand and other applications to ensure energy reliability.
- An $80/KWh cost of production for a battery pack by 2030 for 500 Km range electric cars, a 43% reduction from the current cost of $140 per KWh. It would lead to cost-competitive electric vehicles and stationary storage applications.
- A $200/KWh LCOS for Flow batteries – a 45% reduction from the 2020 baseline.
- The U.S. and China (which emitted 36% of the world’s GHG in 2021) will spend >37% of the global Energy Storage expenditure.
- In 2021 pumped storage hydropower dominated (>96%) in total megawatts deployed
- The private sector will finance > 90% of the market.
Key market drivers are:
- To reach Net-Zero, we must invest in Energy Storage technologies
- Energy storage is a must-have energy source at times of peak power demand
- To address the grid peak demand, Solar, Wind, and several other electric energy sources require large scale investments in energy storage facilities
- The Russian – Ukraine war presents a threat to Europe’s energy security, resulting in accelerated investments in renewable energy and storage projects.
- Investors’ eagerness for financing the green revolution
- The multi-trillion USD market offers dozens of business opportunities to the private sector
- Unprecedented public support (> 60%) drives governments and the private sector to invest in the green revolution.
- Multi-Billion investments in EV battery manufacturing and R&D will reduce the price of battery-based storage installations
- Government subsidies and investments
This market report is the utmost comprehensive review of the Energy Storage market research today.
Questions answered in this report include:
- What will the 2022-2030 Energy Storage market size be?
- How do COP26 & Corona affect the Energy Storage market?
- Which submarkets provide attractive business opportunities?
- What drives customers to invest?
- What are the technologies trends?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
- How much are countries expected to invest in Energy Storage?
What does the Energy Storage Market & Technologies – 2022-2030 – With Corona & COP26 Impacts report give you?
A. The Energy Storage market size data is analyzed via four independent perspectives.
1. By 5 Energy Storage Technologies:
- Grid-Scale Battery Storage
- Thermal Energy Storage
- Compressed-Air Energy Storage
- Pumped Storage Hydropower
- Other Energy Storage Technologies (e.g., Mechanical Storage, EV & Residential battery storage)
2. By 5 Revenue Source Markets:
- Product Sales
3. By 5 Regional Markets:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific
4. By 60 National Markets:
B. Detailed market analysis frameworks are provided, including:
- Market drivers & inhibitors
- Business opportunities
- SWOT analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Business environment
- The 2020-2030 market
- Industry Value Chain
- Financing & Loans
- Governmental R&D Funding
C. Companies mentioned in the report:
D. 35 Traded Companies are mentioned in the report
Bottom-up Research. The report provides you with exhaustive bottom-up research of 311 Energy Storage related markets.
Unique Analysts Team. Our multilingual team brings 40 years of hands-on record in the industry, corporate positions of chairperson, CEO, CTO, chief scientist, VP R & R&D, VP marketing, $8 B of products commercialization. The team published 352 market reports.
Extensive Research. The report research team conducted interviews with dozens of experts. It reviewed over 380 reports, documents and papers published by other experts (including, for example, DOE, IEA, IRENA, the UN, the White House, the EU, US Congress CRS, the UK, German, PRC, Indian and other government agencies, SEC filings, investors’ presentations and more).
Multi-Source Intelligence Verification. With a highly fragmented market, we addressed each dollar spent. The global warming mitigation market was analyzed and crosschecked via 4 orthogonal viewpoints: technologies and services, countries, revenue sources and regions.
COP26 Revision. To guarantee the accuracy of the data and market size forecasts, we revised the report by following and analyzing the Glasgow COP26 meetings deliberations and investment pledges.
Money Trail. The report is the only study of ‘when?’, ‘where?’, ‘why?’ and ‘how much?’ of the cumulative 2022-2030 $2.21 trillion go to market.
Report Excel. Once you buy the report, you can get for a nominal price its Excel version.
Customized for Decision-Makers. This report aims to provide today’s strategic decision-makers with an expert 360-degree, time-sensitive, detailed view of this interconnected market.