Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety is Forecast to Reach $11B in 2022, Says a New Research Report from Homeland Security Research Corp.
WASHINGTON DC, DECEMBER 7, 2016
The "Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security & Public Safety: Global Market 2017-2022" report forecasts that this industry’s revenues will grow at a 2015-2022 CAGR of 17.5%, reaching $11 Billion by 2022.
Homeland Security Research Corp. forecast that the big data and data analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety market will be spear headed by rapid growth in Asia Pacific and Europe, with CAGR in the low 20s for both regions, especially due to the Chinese and Western European homeland security and public safety markets.
The use of big data and data analytics by Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations is on the rise, mostly because the world is becoming more digital and connected. This is creating new opportunities, not only for data collection and storage, but also for intelligence processing, exploitation, dissemination and analysis. Big data and data analytics technologies can increase the investigative capabilities of Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations in many relevant aspects, including: war on crime & terror, defense from cyber-attacks, public safety, disaster and mass incident management, and development of predictive capabilities.
The global big data and data analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety market is forecast to go through a growth period during 2017-2022, driven by the following:
- The increased use of smartphones, wearables and other smart connected devices (cars, machines, IoT, etc.), which will continue to create enormous amounts of information that Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations can use to their advantage
- Technological advancements in data collection, storage, analytics and visualization, which will allow organizations to increase the amount of data they generate, as well as to produce more actionable intelligence to support real-time decision making
- Increased investment in data analysis and visualization capabilities by Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations, which act as a major catalyst for the implementation of big data and data analytics solutions
- The adoption of cloud technology by governmental agencies, which will also act as a stimulus towards analytics implementation. Given that most organizations do not have the in-house infrastructure to support big data analytics, several of them must turn to cloud solutions, which will make the use of data analytics easier
- The cost of data storage, which continues to decrease and encourage a move to the cloud.
- The growing generation of data-aware and data professionals
- The rise of state-of-the-art attack technologies (e.g., cyber-warfare, encrypted communication cyber-crime, chemical warfare agents and GPS jammers) as well as other advanced techniques employed by terror organizations (such as ISIS and state-sponsored terror groups) and other 21st century criminals, which make it harder for Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations to track them down. Big data and data analytics is one of the preferred ways to deal with this new reality
- Direct threats to country-level national security and public safety are on the rise and have evolved from large-scale nation-to-nation conflicts to more pinpointed and contained ones. These threats, such as terrorism, natural disasters, organized crime, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and cybercrime, have changed the way nations are dealing with national security issues
- The new security threats and risks to national safety will force Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations to adopt technologies that are better equipped to deal with advanced operations. These systems generate massive amounts of data and may increase the market for big data and data analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety.
The big data and data analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety Market report presents in 450 pages, 85 tables and 205 figures, analysis of 19 national, 9 vertical, 9 technological markets and 9 distinctive data sources. The report presents for each submarket 2015 data, 2016 estimate and projects the 2017-2022 market forecast and technologies
Questions answered in this market report include:
- What will be the market size of the big data and data analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety in 2017-2022? What will the relevant trends be during that time?
- Which submarkets in this field provide attractive business opportunities?
- Which countries are expected to invest most in big data and data analytics capabilities within Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations?
- What Which distinctive data sources will be used by Homeland Security and Public Safety agencies and which technologies will be needed in order to exploit them?
- Which market sectors are estimated to make greater use of big data and data analytics capabilities?
- What are the big data and data analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety market drivers and inhibitors?
The report focuses on big data and data analytics in homeland security and public safety market. Other reports that include components relevant to the Homeland Security & Public Safety market are:
- Homeland Security & Public Safety Industry ““ 2017 Edition
- Europe Counter Terror & Public Safety Industry & Markets ““ 2017-2022
- Global Video Analytics, VCA, ISR & Intelligent Video Surveillance Market ““ 2017-2022
- X-ray Baggage, Cargo, People, Container & Vehicle Screening Systems: Global Market ““ 2016-2021
- Explosives Trace Detection Technologies & Global Market ““ 2017-2022
Explore more Homeland Security and Public Safety Reports at.https://hsrc.biz.
About Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC)
Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC) is an international market and technology research firm specializing in the Homeland Security (HLS) & Public Safety (PS) industry. HSRC provides premium off-the-shelf and customized market reports on present and emerging technologies and industry expertise, enabling global clients to gain time-critical insight into business opportunities. HSRC’s clients include the U.S. Congress, DHS, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, DOD, DOT, GAO, NATO and EU, among others; as well as government agencies in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, Sweden, Finland, Singapore. With over 750 private sector clients (72% repeat customers), including major defense and security contractors and Fortune 2000 companies, HSRC earned the reputation as the industry’s Gold Standard for HLS & PS market reports.
Washington D.C. 20004, 601 Pennsylvania Ave., NW Suite 900,
Tel: 202-455-0966, email@example.com, hsrc.biz