Europe faces new risks of ISIS and other bio- and chemical terror attacks. These Chemical, Biological Radiological and Nuclear – CBRN security risks have been highlighted as follows:
- At the 2017 Munich security conference, Bill Gates warned that new genetic engineering methods can produce biological agents and “Tens of millions could be killed by bio-terrorism. Whether it occurs by a quirk of nature or at the hand of a terrorist, epidemiologists say a fast-moving airborne pathogen could kill more than 30 million people in less than a year. And they say there is a reasonable probability the world will experience such an outbreak in the next 10 to 15 years.”
- US and UK intelligence agencies have said that the Islamic State has been trying to develop biological weapons in its bases in Syria and Iraq.
- The German Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) has announced in January 2017 that Muslim terrorists are planning to use chemical weapons to poison drinking water supply systems in Germany.
- On January 2017, British Minister of State for Security Ben Wallace warned that “ISIS has no moral qualms about carrying out a mass casualty attack with chemical weapons in Britain”, and pointed to a December 2016 Europol report warning that ISIS may use chemical and biological (CB) weapons against European targets.
CBRN Security & Safety Technologies & Market – Focus on Europe 2017-2022
The “CBRN Security & Safety Technologies & Market – Focus on Europe 2017-2022” report is the most comprehensive review of the market available today. It provides a detailed and reasoned roadmap of this growing market.
- 18 national markets:
- Czech Republic
- Rest of Europe
- 3 Revenue source markets:
- Products sales
- Aftersales revenues (maintenance & upgrades)
- Other revenues (consulting, planning, training, contracted services and government funded R&D)
B. Detailed CBRN Defense market analysis:
- CBRN Security Market drivers & inhibitors
- Business opportunities
- SWOT analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Europe CBRN defense business environment
- The 2015-2022 CBRN security and safety market
C. CBRN security & safety technologies.
The report includes the following appendices:
- Appendix A: European Homeland Security & Public Safety Related Product Standards
- Appendix B: The European Union Challenges and Outlook
- Appendix C: CBRN Terror
- Appendix D: CBRN Decontamination Technologies
- Appendix E: Europe Migration Crisis & Border Security
- Appendix F: Abbreviations
This CBRN Security & Safety Technologies & Market – Focus on Europe – 2017-2022 report is a valuable resource for executives with interests in the industry. It has been explicitly customized for industry and decision-makers to identify business opportunities, emerging technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 223-page report include:
- What will the CBRN security market size be in 2017-2022?
- What are the main CBRN security & safety technologies trends?
- Where and what are the CBRN security & safety technologies market opportunities?
- What are the CBRN security & safety technologies market drivers and inhibitors?
- What are the challenges to the CBRN security & safety technologies market?
The CBRN Security & Safety Technologies & Market – Focus on Europe – 2017-2022 report presents in 223 pages, 25 tables and 67 figures, analysis of current situation in this market. This report, granulated into 36 national and revenue source submarkets, provides for each submarket 2015-2016 data and assessments, and 2017-2022 forecasts and analyses.
See the Europe Counter Terror & Public Safety Markets & Industry – 2017-2022 report for additional information regarding the European homeland security and public safety markets.